Thursday, November 17, 2011

Centering Test

I've had lengthy email discussions with friend Dean, who as I've mentioned has had a 7900 for some time, about my centering issue. He said he's not noticed the problem with his prints (and he would if it was there). He printed a small test picture, 7" x 9.288", on a letter size sheet. He said it was perfectly centered (he measured).

A few minutes ago I printed an image for an 11" x 14" mat. I use these in small bins I have in local galleries, the prints being matted and bagged. The mat opening is 8" x 5" -- I like fairly wide mats. I sized my image to 8.2" x 5.47", and after printing a nozzle check (no clogs!), printed with the Center image box checked, and the driver determining image position. This was a horizontal (landscape orientation) picture.

The print's top and bottom margins are identical, as close to 1.5" as I can measure. But the right margin is over 5/16" wider than the left. Pretty far from being centered.

  --Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment