Sunday, April 1, 2012

Epson Rebate, Someday?

When I purchased my 7900 late last year, Epson offered, as a "rebate", a free roll of paper. I think there were a couple of choices; in any case, I completed the necessary form and checked the box for a 24 inch roll of Exhibition Fibre paper. The form said to allow six to eight weeks from the submission date for delivery of the paper.

As often happens, I'd forgotten about this until recently, when I decided to check the status of the long over-due roll of paper. This can be done by phone or via the Web, so I had a look site listed on the form. After entering the required information, I saw this:


By my reckoning, eight weeks from 11 November, 2011, is 13 January, 2012, give or take a day, so my roll of EEF is a little late—nearly 12 weeks late. A little poking around on various on-line forums shows Epson has developed a reputation for not honoring their rebates. There's also indication some people do receive the expected freebie, but often quite late.

Perhaps I'll call the number provided on the rebate submission form, but I suspect that's just an automated system that will eventually explain that my rebate is "In Process" and can be expected six to eight weeks after the submission date.

  --Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment