Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's Been a Year!

I was surprised to discover I made my first print with the 7900 one year ago today. This blog was a year old yesterday. Thanks to all who have visited the blog and to those who have commented. Most have done that via direct email, so we're not seeing many comments attached to individual postings here.

According to the printer's log, I've printed 534 "pages". Not really a useful statistic. 146 of those pages were nozzle check prints. I suppose it's possible I've made nearly 400 real prints in the past year, but that seems a rather high number.

C, O, Y, LC, MK, PK, VM, and G are still the 90ml "starter" ink cartridges. Except for MK, which I seldom use for my own work, all have displayed "1%" for some time, and all have been temporarily replaced more than once to allow cleanings. LK was the first of the starter inks to be replaced. The original maintenance cartridge is at 36%.

My apologies for the lack of postings lately. I've been traveling, having spent time recently in Ohio and Michigan. Fall color was a bit dull in Ohio, but much nicer in west-central Michigan. I spent several days there photographing in the rain. A little uncomfortable now and then, but the wet conditions were often very nice for shooting fall color in the hardwood and pine forests.

I returned to find several new print jobs waiting for me, in addition to a small commission of my own work I'd lined up before leaving for the east. One of the new jobs is reproducing a large, 40-year-old etching. I'll be printing this on Epson Hot Press Natural, a mat-finished paper I've  been wanting to try for a while. Now that I think about it, I'd best get that paper ordered!

  --Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment