Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another Driver Update (Mac Snow Leopard)

On 24 January Epson posted to the US site an update to the Mac driver for the 7900. This takes the driver from version 8.66 to 8.68. About this update, Epson says, "This version corrects a potential issue when using Auto Expand setting. Common Updater is not required with this driver." I've not yet used the auto-expand setting, which I think is for use when making borderless prints. The release notes also indicate this update is for OS X Leopard (10.5.8, specifically), Snow Leopard, and Lion. I use Snow Leopard, OS X 10.6.8. The download page includes installation instructions, pretty standard fare. There's no mention of a requirement to uninstall the previous driver, so I didn't. After installing the update and checking the version, I see this:


This is similar to what I saw after my update from 8.65 to 8.66 eighteen days ago. My original installation of the printer, back in October, 2011, was with the 8.65 driver. It appears I'll be reminded of that with each new update unless (perhaps) I remove (uninstall) the printer and then install it using the latest driver.

I'll be making some prints later today. These "point level" updates rarely have any obvious changes, and certainly offer no new features, so I don't expect to notice any difference.

  --Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment