Monday, January 2, 2012

Busy, But Not Busy Printing

My 7900 has been sitting idle for a while, but I have not. A few days before Christmas I picked up an art repro job, which in the end will require photographing a series of oil-on-canvas paintings, and then assembling and color-correcting the captures. I've no interest in printing on canvas, so the client will have the files I provide printed elsewhere, perhaps at a printing service in Polson, MT, the town nearest to where I live. But when doing this kind of job I print a series of proofs, which I use to verify the color correction work. The proofs are letter-size sheets, quick, simple printing jobs.

My panorama client found the last print I made for him was damaged, most likely in shipping (thanks very much, USPS), so I made another print and shipped it last Tuesday. USPS said it would arrive Thursday (via Priority Mail). It did not, and had not arrived as of Saturday. The Post Office is closed today. If the print hasn't arrived after tomorrow's delivery, I'll be making yet another copy of the 43 inch long bleeding hearts pano shown in my previous (18 December) posting.

I received my order of ink and paper before Christmas. Printing the proofs and the pano have moved the LK ink down to 1%.

Epson has released an updated Mac driver, and also an update for the LFP Remote Panel 2 utility. Epson's release notes are typically terse, but apparently these are very minor updates. I haven't had time to install them.

I ran across this posting on the Luminous Landscape Printers, Papers, and Ink forum. Some of the comments are interesting. This is the sort of information I didn't find when I did my research prior to buying the 7900, leading to the creation of this blog.

I need to print a couple of my own pieces for a show coming up later this month. I'll get that done as soon as I wrap up some of the paying jobs!

  --Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment