Friday, June 29, 2012

New Ink

I've finally wrapped up the printing I needed to get done for an upcoming show. I'm leaving tomorrow for a few days of camping and photography in Glacier; I'll deliver the work to the gallery the day after I return from the park. As usual, I was in a rush to get everything printed, sufficiently dry for matting and framing, labeled, and priced. With that behind me I can enjoy the park, if not the expected crowds.

I made the last several prints on a mat (matte) paper, as mentioned in my previous posting. I'd made two prints, had set up the file for the next one, and walked to the printer to insert the sheet of paper. The LCD displayed a message, "Replace Ink", which I'd not seen before. This is the no-nonsense, "can't go any further until you replace ink" message. The display indicated the LLK must be replaced. This ink has been showing 1% for a very long time, so it was hardly a surprise that it was finally empty.

I replaced the LLK "starter" cartridge with a new, 150ml cart. This is the first of the 90ml carts to be discarded and replaced. The LCD ink status display now shows one ink (#10) at full capacity. I have several others that have been at 1% for some time. 150ml carts are on-hand for those.

Update: earlier this month I posted here about printing black and white. Since then I've thought about this a bit more. Yesterday I posted a new article on my site about shooting, but not printing much black and white.

  --Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment