Monday, July 23, 2012

Epson Calls!

The phone rings and, and because I'm out in my garage where there's no phone, the answering machine picks up before I can get to a handset. As I walk through the doorway I hear the voice leaving its message; I hear "Epson" and "rebate", so I run a little more quickly to the phone. I pick up and ask the voice to please start over.

It's Teresa, who happens to have a stunningly beautiful, mesmerizing voice. After explaining who she is, she asks about the paper I'd received (in error). If you've missed the background on this, my last posting describes yet another email I sent requesting the status of the rebate, to which I received this reply, which sounds very much like the many other responses I've had during this months-long saga:

Dear Jay Cross 
 
Thank You for your email concerning your rebate.   We are sorry for the  inconvenience.  We resubmitted your submission to Special Handling Team for processing. Please allow 3-5 weeks delivery of your rebate.
 
If you have any additional questions contact us at 1-800-277-6187 Monday-Friday 8 AM - 8 PM EST.
 
Sincerely,
 
Laroylyn
Epson Rebate Center

Three to five weeks. Again. This posting provides links to the entire history, in case you're fascinated by customer service train wrecks and want all the details going back to November, 2011.

Back to the silky-voiced Teresa: She asked if the roll of paper I received was Exhibition Fibre, or Matte. I explained it was neither; it was a roll of Exhibition Canvas, which is not what I wanted, nor what I requested. With that cleared up (again), Teresa promised they'd get this right, and a roll of Exhibition Fibre paper would be shipped. She didn't say when. She said their best guess as to what happened is that the papers were mixed up in their warehouse. Sounds simple enough, and I'd buy that explanation if I didn't have a pretty thorough understanding of production and inventory control (P&IC), how warehouses use "stock locates" so human or robotic stock pickers can put new inventory where it belongs so it can be found again later for order fulfillment, etc. In any case, I was delighted to receive the call, knowing it was initiated by Epson as a response to my nagging. I was also glad for the opportunity to listen to Teresa for a couple of minutes.

Stay tuned....

  --Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment