Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mac Driver Version 9.17 is Back

I noticed today Epson (U.S.) has once again posted the 7900 Macintosh driver version 9.17. This version is larger (87.1 megabytes vs. 76) than the previously posted (and removed) version 9.17. Like the earlier file, this "new" 9.17 is dated 1 November, 2013. Also like the earlier file, this one is named "epson15900.dmg."

And as with the earlier edition, Epson provides no clue what's changed since the earlier version or its predecessor, 9.04.

I'm having no problems printing with the earlier 9.17 driver with Mac OS X 10.8.5; I won't be changing that. However, I am slowly, as time permits, building up a 10.9 (Mavericks) "clean" system on a separate hard drive. I can boot into either version of the OS as needed.

Since this is my "money machine", I'll continue to get work done with the 10.8.5 system. I've just taken on a photo restoration project that likely will take a week or so. That work, and the printing, will be done on the 10.8.5 system with Photoshop CS6. I'll slowly build up the Mavericks drive, adding and testing my critical applications and utilities one at a time. A bit tedious, but it's my normal process for OS upgrades. It's unlikely I'll do any serious work with the new OS until 10.9.1 is released.

I will probably install Photoshop CC on this new system. TBD.

  --Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment