Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Epson Rebate Follies, Part 7

I've avoided writing about this simply because nothing's happening, despite my best efforts. If you've not been following along, I am owed a 24 inch roll of Epson Exhibition Fiber paper, from a rebate offer included with the purchase of my printer last October. In my last posting on the rebate subject I described a call I received from the rebate fulfillment house. A couple of weeks later, as I was leaving my driveway for an appointment, a FedEx truck pulled in. Assuming this was a delivery, I continued on my way. When I returned home there was no package waiting. Hmmmm....

The next morning the same driver arrived in his FedEx truck. The driver asked if I had a pick-up. Huh? I didn't call for any pick up. The driver produced a label from Archway, the company that bungles Epson's rebates. Understanding now what was happening, I handed over the package of Exhibition Canvas I'd received in error looooong ago, collected my receipt, and Mr. FedEx drove away.

If it's not obvious, I had no prior warning this label was coming. Are these people great communifucators, or what?

Since that telephone call from Epson/Archway back in July, there'd been no phone calls or other correspondence. Today I rattled the cage, sending a request for the status of my rebate. I mentioned I'd handed over the only thing I'd ever received from the to a FedEx driver, and was then left with nothing.

The response:

Dear Jay Cross,
Thank You for your patience it is greatly appreciated.  
Per the Special Handling Department you were correctly sent the call tag to return the incorrect product.  We are so sorry that was not explained to you in detail before hand as you stated.   Your correct order is currently in processing as of 07/28/2012.  Please allow more time for delivery.
Again we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely, Erika Epson Customer Care1-800-277-6187
Apparently I'm not patient enough. They need more time. A lot can happen in nine months. It would seem shipping  roll of paper isn't among them. It would also seem we started fresh on 28 July. I'll keep you posted.

  --Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment