Thursday, August 23, 2012

Epson Rebate; Perseverance Pays Off!

Installment #8 in the on-going Epson Rebate Debacle: Imagine my surprise when, as I was loading my car with pictures to hang later today in a "one-man" show, FedEx appeared in my driveway with this.

As you can see, the carton is a little banged up. As you can't see, one end (under the Epson label) is nearly torn off. The carton isn't made of especially hefty cardboard, and there's no internal protection for the roll of paper other than a plastic bag and molded plastic end caps. Epson does a much better job packaging it's professional cut-sheet papers. But the roll appears to be undamaged. The timing of this is excellent (if you don't count the months it's taken to get it), as I have a client arriving later today with a scan of a 4x5 negative. She wants a couple of large prints. She's got strong feelings about paper (as she should, and as do I); I suspect she'll want this or GGFS for her prints.

It's been nearly ten months since I submitted the original paperwork to claim this rebate, but I think I can call this the end of the Epson Rebate Follies!

  --Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment